Baumit StarSystem is a hard-wearing, cost-effective external wall insulation system that not only creates a more comfortable living space on the inside, but also makes your building more attractive on the outside.
Made from expanded polystyrene (EPS), StarSystem can be used on newly constructed buildings or as part of renovation works to reduce heating costs and improve the structure it is placed on.
Applied directly to the existing masonary, and finished with a thermal thincoat coloured render topcoat, an EWI system provides a strong, protective envelope that will last for generations to come.
Simply put, the Baumit StarSystem increases the value of the building it is placed on. Its combination of indoor climate comfort and energy-saving aesthetics naturally improves the quality of life for its occupants, no matter whether it is installed on a house or on an office building.
Baumit StarSystem is easy-to-apply, offers excellent flexibility and impact resistance, and is extremely weatherproof. Its mineral-based ingredients provide excellent fire resistance and security. Furthermore, Baumit StarSystem is a European Technical Assessments (ETA), and British Board of Agrément (BBA) approved system.
Baumit StarContact White adhesive and reinforcing mortar easily exceeds the standard norms and regulations. This ensures that the façade remains attached to the brick/blockwork no matter what the temperature fluctuations, wind speeds or other environmental challenges may be. It is elastic and flexible and so, over time, it stretches and flexes as required and offers good resistance to objects that may impact the surface.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
2. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm consists of expanded polystyrene. It is highly water permeable and has excellent insulating properties.
3. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
4. Adhesive - Baumit OpenContact White is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.
5. Primer - Baumit PremiumPrimer is a ready-to-use primer for synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. It has high covering power and regulates absorption.
6. Final Topcoat - Baumit SilikonTop is a ready-to-use, silicone resin render. Water vapour permeable, extremely water repellent, dirt-resistant and versatile.