Thermal insulation plays a vital role in ensuring a consistent and comfortable temperature is created within a house to provide a healthy living space. In a correctly insulated house, there is a comfortable warmth in the winter, yet the house is protected from overheating in the summer months. Creating a balanced indoor climate, with minimal fluctuations throughout the year.
To achieve this, Baumit have created a truly unique, high performing EWI system – Baumit OpenSystem.
StarSystem Nature actively helps to protect the environment and is the ecological choice for anyone looking to build using natural materials. The natural wood core of the insulation boards offer excellent thermal values and permanently store CO2 within the insulation which helps to reduce emissions.
Baumit StarSystem Nature has very good thermal insulation values, is water vapour permeable, dimensionally precise and actively helps to protect the environment. The components not only have a high heat storage capacity, they are also breathable. This means that the façade can "breathe". The Baumit StarSystem Nature therefore meets all the requirements for comfortable and healthy living and has excellent noise reduction propoerties.
The core of the system is made up of the Baumit StarTherm Woodfibre insulation boards. The multi-layered insulation boards are produced without any artificial binders. The timber’s own lignin serves to bind the wood fibres together.
The individual layers are glued together with pure white lime. During production, the fine wood fibres are heated whilst being pressed so that the lignin becomes fluid and glues the wood particles together during cooling. The system uses coats of mineral base and topcoat renders. Baumit wood fibre insulation boards meet the strictest European Health & Safety and Environmental standards.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
2. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm Nature multi-layered insulation board is produced without any artificial binders and is bound using the timber’s own natural structure.
3. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
4. Adhesive - Baumit MultiContact MC55 is a natural-white, fibre-reinforced multi-purpose bonding mortar.
5. Primer - Baumit PremiumPrimer is a ready-to-use primer for synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. It has high covering power and regulates absorption.
6. Final Topcoat - Baumit NanoporTop is a self-cleaning and pollution-resistant, ready-to-use render. Extremely durable, dirt and weather resistant.
Baumit NanoporTop provides the final coating. This render acts as a topcoat to the External Wall Insulation and protects the surface from dirt and impurities. Photocatalysis technology prevents pollutants from damaging the facade of your building as its surface is microscopically smooth, making it difficult for dirt particles to settle. Furthermore, the render is fast drying which prevents algae and fungi from forming, leaving your rendered facade looking clean and fresh for longer.