Meeting the strictest health and environmental standards, the Baumit NatureSystem is an ecological alternative. Wood, a sustainable material, is the central component of this system. This protects valuable natural resources and helps to reduce CO2 emissions.
This natural insulation stands out over the entire life cycle, from production to disposal, due to its low environmental impact, making it an environmentally friendly alternative.
The good thermal values, vapour permeability, noise reduction capabilities and ecological reasons make this environmentally friendly insulation very attractive.
The Baumit StarSystem Nature has good thermal insulation values, is water vapour permeable and is environmentally friendly due to wood being a renewable resource.
The components not only have a high heat storage capacity, they are also breathable.
The core of the system is made up of the StarTherm Wood-fibre insulation boards. The multi-layered insulation boards are produced without any artificial binders. The timber’s own lignin serves to bind the wood fibres together. During production, the fine wood fibres are heated whilst being pressed so that the lignin becomes fluid and glues the wood particles together during cooling.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Final Topcoat - Baumit StarTop is a highly weatherproof topcoat render, complete with silicon binder and a functional filler, providing the building with a quick drying finished façade surface in damp weather conditions.
2. Primer - Baumit PremiumPrimer is a ready-to-use primer for synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. It has high covering power and regulates absorption.
3. Basecoat - Baumit StarContact is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.
4. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
5. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
6. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm Nature multi-layered insulation board is produced without any artificial binders and is bound using the timber’s own natural structure.
7. Adhesive - Baumit StarContact is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.