A home should provide comfort and a good quality of life. Key elements of a pleasant indoor climate are the temperature and air humidity – factors positively affected by Baumit StarSystem Mineral, a thermal insulation system suitable for all types of buildings.
Baumit StarSystem Mineral can be applied to all substrates. It is suitable for old and new buildings as well as for single and multiple family homes, and also for commercial construction.
The insulation board Mineral Wool EWI Slab contains no combustible components. They are made of mineral wool fibres, which are bonded to a board with resins. The system stands out due to its excellent sound and fireproofing properties as well as being highly vapour permeable. It noticeably improves the indoor climate.
Baumit StarSystem Mineral is a proven mineral external wall insulation system suitable for all building classes. Mineral wool boards as a thermal insulation layer are covered with a mineral basecoat (reinforcing layer) consisting of a levelling layer, basecoat and fibreglass mesh. A weather-resistant topcoat is applied over this. Baumit StarSystem Mineral is a British Board of Agrément (BBA) approved system.
Thermal insulation, with its associated energy savings, is making a significant contribution to climate protection. When used correctly, far more CO2 and other greenhouse gases are saved than have been generated by the production of the insulation materials.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Final Topcoat - Baumit StarTop is a highly weatherproof topcoat render, complete with silicon binder and a functional filler, providing the building with a quick drying finished façade surface in damp weather conditions.
Baumit SilikonTop is a ready-to-use, silicone resin render. Highly durable and suitable for almost all requirements
2. Primer - Baumit PremiumPrimer is a ready-to-use primer for synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. It has high covering power and regulates absorption.
3. Basecoat - Baumit StarContact White is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.
4. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
5. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
6. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm Mineral is a non-flammable, dual density, mineral wool facade insulation board.
7. Adhesive - Baumit StarContact White is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.