Baumit PowerSystem is a high impact external insulation system for extreme weather conditions. Providing up to 70 joules of impact resistance, PowerSystem takes facade protection to a whole new level.
The Baumit PowerSystem is a cement-free external wall insulation system offering the highest levels of impact resistance. PowerSystem gives your facade a protective ‘shield’ by perfectly balancing toughness and elasticity, which is beneficial for the facade. In particular, modern architecture without roof projections that expose facades to high stresses.
There are a number of possibilities for protecting a facade, ranging from basic structural measures to using high-tech building materials. The Baumit PowerSystem belongs in the latter category by combining the latest in insulation technology and organic, environmentally-friendly materials.
Effective facade protection is achieved through fibreglass mesh embedded in the insulation which is then topped with a render. This protects the layers underneath from moisture while also giving your facade an attractive appearance and protecting the layers underneath from moisture.
The heart of this system is reinforcement using Baumit PowerFlex. This cement-free, ready mixed reinforcing mortar is a powerful innovation from the Baumit Research Centre. Particularly high-quality binders combined with very elastic aramid fibres and precisely dosed fillers make Baumit PowerSystem the best impact protection for thermal insulation.
Baumit PowerSystem is ideal for use with Baumit StarTherm insulation where more resilience is required.
Prevention is better than cure and Baumit has once again taken the lead with its new development, the Baumit PowerSystem. Using products that have been combined and tested in a system guarantees impact, weather and heat protection for peace of mind that your facade is protected to the highest standard.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
2. Adhesive - Baumit StarContact White is a vapour-permeable, fibre-reinforced adhesive and base coat render. It is made from breathable aerated lime and is extremely weather-resistant.
3. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm is a grey expanded, square-edged, polystyrene boards.
4. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
5. Basecoat - Baumit PowerFlex is a ready-to-use, cement-free, fibre-reinforced organic base coat.
6. Final Topcoat - Baumit SilikonTop is a ready-to-use, silicone resin render with scratched or dragged grain texture. Water vapour permeable, extremely water repellent, dirt-resistant and versatile.