Baumit StarSystem EPS provides great flexibility as well as good impact resistance and combines all Baumit’s experience as a pioneer in External Wall Insulation systems.
Made from expanded polystyrene (EPS), StarSystem can be used on newly constructed buildings or as part of renovation works to reduce heating costs and improve the structure it is placed on.
Applied directly to the existing masonary, and finished with a thermal thincoat coloured render topcoat, an EWI system provides a strong, protective envelope that will last for generations to come.
The combination of a comfortable indoor climate and energy efficiency leads to an improved quality of life for the buildings occupants. Baumit StarSystem EPS helps to increase the value of a building by offering
insulation together with an attractive façade.
Baumit StarSystem is easy-to-apply, offers excellent flexibility and impact resistance, and is extremely weatherproof. Its mineral-based ingredients provide excellent fire resistance and security. Furthermore, Baumit StarSystem is a European Technical Assessments (ETA), and British Board of Agrément (BBA) approved system.
Baumit StarContact White adhesive and reinforcing mortar ensures that the façade remains adhered to the brick/blockwork no matter what the temperature fluctuations, wind speeds or other environmental challenges may be. It is elastic and flexible and so, over time, it moves and flexes as required and offers excellent resistance to objects that impact the surface.
Baumit PremiumPrimer can be used with all organic and mineral decorative finishes, for pretreatment of hard or absorbent mineral substrates as well as for the preparation of coloured substrates.
The grey EPS façade insulation board, Baumit StarTherm consists of expanded polystyrene. It is highly vapour permeable and has excellent insulating properties.
Base- new masonry or original base
1. Final Topcoat - Baumit StarTop is an
easy to apply topcoat render. Baumit SilikonTop is a ready-to-use, silicone resin render.
2. Primer - Baumit PremiumPrimer is a ready-to-use primer for synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. It has high covering power and regulates absorption.
3. Basecoat - Baumit StarContact White is a vapour-permeable, adhesive and base coat reinforcing mortar.
4. Reinforcement - Baumit StarTex is a warp-resistant and alkali-resistant glass fibre mesh that is used to produce a reinforced mortar layer on torn old rendered facades.
5. Fixing - Baumit STR U 2G is designed for mechanical fastening of polystyrene and mineral wool insulation boards.
6. Insulation - Baumit StarTherm consists of expanded polystyrene. It is highly water permeable and has excellent insulating properties.
7. Adhesive - Baumit StarContact White is a vapour-permeable, adhesive and base coat reinforcing mortar.